Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MOAR LANZ!

Seems to be LAN season at the moments as I will have attended at least 3 LAN's within 3 week(ends) in a row.

At the 1st one we fired up AVP2 (which lasted most of the night :D ).

The last LAN is a student oriented LAN at which I will be adminning game servers (that I installed, patched and configured using Linux dedicated server software) etc.

On another note. It looks like the UT3 Linux release (rumoured to be released soon) won't make it in time for the last LAN unfortunately :(

Now, this begs the question: Before the last LAN, what should I spend money on:

  • 2 x Western Digital Scorpio 2.5" 7,200 RPM HDD (for the XPSM1730)
    or
  • 2 x 1Tb Western Digital HDD's for the server...?

I really should buy myself a Gigabit switch, but HDD space is more important. Apparently :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

DRAiNO said...

Not sure how this could have helped, but you are welcome :-)